This is a remote volunteer opportunity.
Rwenzori Forum for Peace and Justice (RFPJ) is a Civil Society Organization established in 2002 to act as a convergence of synergies to foster Sustainable Peace, Nonviolence and Respect for Human Rights. RFPJ is legally registered with the National NGO Board to operate in Uganda and its National Offices are located on Plot 16, Bwamba Road in Fort Portal Tourism City. RFPJ seeks to prevent violence and build an infrastructure that can support sustainable peace and realization of rights. Specifically, RFPJ’s mandate rotates around; Creating and strengthening spaces for Citizens, Government, CSOs, Private Sector and Development Partners to engage and foster values of peace and nonviolence; Building Capacities of Member Organizations, community peacebuilding structures, Partners and other Stakeholders in Peace Building and Conflict Management and; Researching and sharing Information to inform Peace Building and Conflict Management work.
Tasks for the student volunteer:
- Research and identify fundraising opportunities
- Develop a database of funding opportunities relevant to RFPJ
- Write/contribute to the writing of grant proposals to foundations and other donors as identified - Support RFPJ to implement her communication strategy by documenting, updating website/blogs, and contributing to the writing/editing of newsletters and other publications
The student volunteer will work with the programs manager to implement communications and fundraising plans for RFPJ. This will involve working with the programs manager and the program teams.
- Donor profile relevant to RFPJ
- Grant proposals submitted to potential donors
- Updated website/blogs
- Newsletters and other publications
- Interest in research related to historical dialogue, history, human rights, peacebuilding and similar
- Access to internet and availability to connect to RFPJ staff on a regular basis
- Availability to commit for a period of 8 weeks
- Availability to connect to the RFPJ team during the Central European Standard time
- Availability June - August
To apply, students should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line “SVP application - [Name of Organization].” Please submit your application as soon as possible but no later than March 15, 2021. Please indicate the organization(s) that you are interested in working with, and the relevance of this work to your studies. Applications and interview results will then be sent to the hosting organizations, which may request interviews. Final decisions will be announced by end of May.